Captain Jeremy started sailing at a very young age on a Lightning in Holland harbor and Sailfish on Cape Cod. Curiosity grew into a passion and over the years he has gained a wide variety of experience cruising, racing and single-handed sailing in locations from San Francisco to Puerto Rico with many unique ports of call in between like Lake Dillon in the Colorado Rockies and the Okeechobee Waterway in Florida.
Captain Jeremy's credentials include:
- USCG licensed 100-Ton Master of Motor and Auxiliary Sail Vessels
- First Aid/CPR/AED certified
- NACO (National Association of Charterboat Operators) member - Charterboat Consortium random drug testing program member
- PADI certified Rescue Diver
- NWS (National Weather Service) Severe Weather Spotter
Captain Jeremy's experience includes:
- 6,400 hours and 24,000 nm (nautical miles) as captain or crew on sail and motor vessels up to 50'
- 3,400 hours and 11,900 nm single-handed sailing
- Double-handed Lake Michigan crossings
- 250+ sail races as captain or crew
"GIG 'EM II" is a 2000 Catalina 28 MKII that is USCG Documented as a commercial vessel. The vessel is also a Michigan DNR (Department of Natural Resources) inspected charter boat certified to carry up to six passengers. The vessel is fitted with all the safety equipment required by the USCG and DNR with additional equipment and redundant systems for added safety.
The vessel has an enclosed head (marine toilet), icebox, and pressure water for your convenience. The vessel is also rigged for short/single-handed sailing allowing the Captain to perform all the tasks necessary to sail without passenger assistance, although guests are always welcome to take part in these activities.